Important Keys To Year Round Deck Maintenance
Taking care of your deck is a crucial aspect of owning a home. Many features are required to maintain the deck throughout its lifetime. Use these top-rated tips concerning taking care of and cleaning up your wooden deck, and you'll be able to enjoy your outdoor area for seasons to come.
A deck is an extension of your home, much like the inside your home, it has to be cleaned regularly to stay safe and maintained. However, outdoor decking made of composite material requires a lot less to be maintained. Therefore, maintaining the good of the wood and averting what’s bad, you’ll always get extra life from your deck space.
Ten Important Keys To Making Your Deck Last A Long Time
1. Clean your deck thoroughly every year.
2. Deck needs to be cleaned so when the sealer is applied it can continue to soak into the wood for greater protection.
3. Use an organic cleaning solution to clean the deck in positive weather conditions with temps between 55-65 degrees. By using an organic cleaning solution you are being careful not to harm pets and foliage in the immediate area.
4. Use a pressure washer with a 45-degree nozzle and hold about 8”-10” away from the deck to make sure all dirt and grime are removed.
5. Use a pressure washer in the range of 1800 PSI- 2500 PSI to get the maximum benefit from pressure washing the deck.
6. If not using an organic cleaning agent, make sure to cover all vegetation to make sure over-spray doesn't kill any plants.
7. Do not use chlorine to clean your wooden deck because it might damage the integrity of the wood.
8. After you have pressure washed your deck, go over the entire deck by lightly sanding the surface to remove any rough markings caused by the pressure washing. Try to use a sander with about 60 grit sandpaper.
9. Never use paint as your source of a sealer. Paint never soaks into the wood like a sealant does which gives that protection to your deck.
10. Finally, the deck can be sealed with a clear sealer to keep it from cracking and warping. A clear sealer tends to stand up to a lot of foot traffic better than a tinted stain.
In the end, following these basic deck maintenance tips will help in maintaining your deck and its longevity. It takes a lot of hard work to maintain and clean the deck properly. This is where a professional comes in handy and hiring the right business to clean your deck and correctly is ever so crucial. Always make sure to check references and ask for photos of previous work completed. Therefore, you won't be left out in the dark before you make the hire.
Contact Pro Property Services to handle all your pressure washing needs! There is no job too big or small for our dedicated cleaning technicians. Our focus is customer service, so the job will be done correctly and on time. Don't wait until summer gets here, go ahead and book your spring pressure-washing now!
Check out this latest deck rebuild project in Waynesville NC from Pro Property Services.